Updated July 2021: Disclaimer: We are a third-party site that offers information on the DMV. We also sometimes recommend services that we trust.
If you need to go to the Oklahoma DMV, it’s a good idea to have an appointment. However, you can do walk-ins if necessary. At the Oklahoma DMV, you can schedule an appointment on the Oklahoma DMV website (link below). Please note that due to the pandemic, DMV’s can change their schedules and procedures from time to time. Here’s the Florida DMV website.
Best Times to Visit the Oklahoma DMV
Here are some tips for the best times to visit the Oklahoma DMV to make sure your visit is as quick as possible.
- Afternoons are generally more crowded than mornings
- Mid-week tends to have shorter waits than Mondays and Fridays
- The DMV goes on lunch break around noon, leaving fewer employees. Try to avoid the lunch hour if you can.
- Make sure you leave enough time to complete your transaction, especially if you are getting a permit or taking a road test.
Online Services At the Oklahoma DMV
The Oklahoma DMV is adding more and more services online so that you can get things done without having to visit a physical office for an appointment at all. You can renew your vehicle registration, replace your license, and more online. The main reasons you would need to visit the DMV Office in person are that you just moved to the state, are getting a license for the first time, or registering a new car. Other than that, you should be able to complete your business from home.
What to Bring to Your Oklahoma DMV Appointment
If you are applying for a driver’s license or Travel ID (a REAL ID-compliant license or ID) in Oklahoma you will need to bring some documents with you for your Oklahoma DMV appointment. If you have all your documents with you, your visit will go more quickly and smoothly. The documents include:
- Proof of Identity, such as a passport or birth certificate
- Proof of Social Security number, such as a social security card or W-2 form
- Two documents that prove state residency, such as a utility bill or lease agreement
Good luck with getting everything you need done at the DMV! If you want to get a DMV appointment easily, book here.